Sunday, June 13, 2010

WARNING: Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication

So do you really ever read the warning labels on your medication? Do not take with alcohol. Stay out of the sun while taking medication. Well I normally glance over it and do not pay much attention. One year I burned so badly from medication I had second degree sunburns on my back with nerve damage. It took a month for my nerve endings to grow back and for the pain to stop. A lot of sleepless nights. The medication I was given for my knee says not to take with alcohol. Normally I am pretty good at not drinking on meds but Friday night I really wanted a glass of wine with dinner and forgot about the medication. As soon as I sat down for dinner…SHIT. I just realized what I had done. I did not want to waste the bottle of wine. I decided to have the wine with dinner and just take the pills in a few hours. BIG Mistake! Saturday I was sick as a dog. I felt like I had a giant, burning hole in my stomach. I curled up on the couch most the day in the fetal position wishing the pain would go away. I did manage to do some straightening up in the house but at about 4 PM I asked Tony if he wanted to go upstairs and watch movies in the DVR. We normally do not do that until around 7 or 8. I can’t even remember what we watched so either I was pretty sick or the movie sucked really bad. I would have given anything for a large bucket of Edy’s Slow Churn ice cream in Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to ease the pain. I ended up giving my bottle of wine away to my neighbors and my knee was in pain today since I did not take medication yesterday and probably will not again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment