Saturday, June 26, 2010

Black Widow

The joys of living in the south. I love weather, the people, and the life. I do not love the spiders. I can take regular spiders. Kill them no problem. Even killed one today. Now when it comes to the black widow and brown recluse....holy shit. I killed a black widow a few years back when I was trimming my hedges. Today Tony and I got back from a bike ride downtown to the farmer's market. The web that Tony keeps taking down by our garage was back up again. This time with a surprise. A giant black widow was in it. Yikes! I ran to get the camera to take a picture. When Tony took it down rather than stomping on it right away he toyed with it. Seriously! I was screaming for him to kill it; I had sandals on and was not about to do it myself. He is telling me take another picture. How many pictures do you want? Kill the damn thing already! We have some bug spray in our shed to spray around the outside of the house and the garage to keep spiders from entering. I think we are going to have to get that out tonight. We rarely every have spider problems but it seems this year will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment