Sunday, June 13, 2010

Suck It Samsung!

I really dislike Samsung products. They have come a long way since they used to be a low budget brand but still need some work. I used to only buy Sanyo but wanted to give Samsung a try since I was reading about them in one of my text books when I was in grad school. Three years ago I bought a new Samsung cell phone and after about two months it started taking pictures and video on its own. The thing was possessed. I sent it to Samsung for warranty work and they sent it back voiding the warranty claiming it was water damage that is not covered. I argued with Samsung for a while since my phone had never come in contact with water. I finally asked the guy on the phone what he considers water damage. He said if the phone goes from an air conditioned building to humidity outside it causes condensation which is water damage. I was flabbergasted. What the hell are you doing selling that product in the south? My next battle was with Sprint. It would cost the same amount of money to buy a new phone through Sprint to cancel my contract and go to another provider to get a free phone. Since I am a loyal customer and a great negotiator they did allow me to get another phone with the discount. And yes, my new phone was a Sanyo.

Two years ago Tony and I were TV shopping for a new flat screen in our living room. My number one rule. No Samsung. What does Tony buy, a Samsung. The speakers are shit on this TV. I hate it. Oh but it has a swivel base, Tony argues. (Samsung was the only brand that did swivel base at that time). That swivel base makes it so unstable.

Fast forward another year. Tony is due for a new phone through Sprint after he put his through the washing maching. Now that is what I call water damage. I told him over and over again so it was drilled in his head…do not come home with a Samsung. What does he come home with…a Samsung. Today, a year later, what happened? Condensation and a possessed phone. I took the phone apart and put it in rice to soak up the moisture. Going to try it out again tomorrow to see if it works and if not Tony is going to use my old phone. I always save our old phones when we get new ones in case something happens. So now that this finally happened to his phone maybe he will listen to me when he gets a new phone. Which will not be for a year so he gets the $150 discount over the $75.

Closing Statement: SUCK IT SAMSUNG!

No comments:

Post a Comment