Saturday, June 12, 2010

Other People's Kids

I love this title. It was a topic on the Early Show today. Can you discipline other people’s kids? Well of course it depends on the situation and their report was absolutely stupid because it all was common sense.

On my flight from Miami to Raleigh this kid about 7 years old was told by the flight attendant to put his seat up while we land. After she walked past him he put his seat back again. He was in the seat in front of Tony. As soon as he put his seat back I banged on it and told him to put it back up. His mom was not paying any attention to what happened and went back to sleep. After we landed I could tell he told his mom in Spanish I scolded him and she kept glaring at me. Really? How about you tell your bratty child what he did was wrong rather than getting mad at me. I think when parents fail the kid becomes society’s problem and I took care of the situation. Not many people really understand the purpose of putting your seat back up while landing. Gee…let’s think about this. If there is a rough landing my head is going to go in the back of that seat. I really do not feel like breaking my nose for your comfort…asshole. On a take off one day when the jet took off in the air the guy in front of me put his seat back and used the gravitational force of the jet going straight in the air to do so. If I was bent forward when he did that I would have been really injured because of how fast and forceful the seat went back. Use common sense people!

Okay…back to other people’s kids. The kid on the airplane was not the first kid I scolded before. While I had a garage sale these people pulled up. To be politically correct as best as I can…they were from the ghetto. This kid about two or three runs out of the van and starts pushing things over. The mom hardly yelled at him. The family continued to go through the things I was selling when the kid when under an unstable clothes wrack and started to push it around. I was screaming at him to get out of there. It was more of an immediate re-action rather than scolding because it was going to collapse on him; seriously hurting him. The mom pulled him aside and started spanking him and threw him in the van. What a good way to raise another abuser. The problem was she was not watching him. Can I spank her?

So the moral of my stories are if you kid is misbehaving in front of me and it affects me in some way I am going to say something if you do not. I have yet for a mom to get in my face for scolding their child. I feel bad for the mom that dare does that someday. Not that I would harm her but she will get one hell of a lecture controlling her bratty child rather than getting mad at the person the child was impacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment