Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Abs of Steel

Last night I decided to try a new ab exercise I found in All You magazine. I have been doing hundreds of crunches a week since I was about 14 years old and the last five years or so it turned into thousands a week. Yes, I do 1000 crunches each time I work out. So I have a hard time trading my daily 1000 crunches for new exercises. The pilates ab exercises in All You magazine only took me about 20 minutes to do if even that. I did not feel like I got much out of it so I did some of the exercises a few more times. I woke up this morning feeling fine and told myself that was too easy and I am going back to my crunches.

About twice a year I touch up my hardwood flooring with stain and fill in all the dents the dogs put in it. Today it took me two hours on my hands and knees fixing all the nicks. When I finally got up and was ready to take a shower my abs felt like someone punched me for a few hours straight. They hurt so badly! I am now convinced I am going to have to switch up my work out every few months. It is easy to stick with the same routine but I now realize I was not getting every muscle. I am going to research some other arm and leg exercises as well.

My plum and peach jam did not turn out bad. It was not to die for but was not horrible. Tony likes it on an English muffin. I don’t care for it since I do not like plums to begin with.

I found out my out of pocket expenses for the two day delay on the trip are covered through our travel insurance policy we purchased. I did not save all my receipts but my credit card statements are good enough proof. I am so thrilled the expenses are going to be covered. Well…wait…we will see what happens after I submit the claim. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment