Monday, June 21, 2010

Feeling the Healthcare Pinch

My follow up with my doctor today about my knee was not so good. There is a tear in a tendon on the front of my knee but he is worried there may be more damage behind my knee cap since that is were most of the pain is coming from. He scheduled a MRI for tomorrow. I called the office where the MRI would be at to get a price quote since it will be out of my out of pocket deductible. The MRI is $1400 and my out of pocket deductible is $1750. Holy Hell! I canceled my appointment. I now fall under the category of the insured but can’t afford to use my insurance. We pay $400 a month to even have this insurance. The doctor said from what he believes is wrong with my knee it will heal in 6 to 12 weeks but not knowing what else could be wrong is kind of scary for me.

Sydney is getting her wart removed on Wednesday that is $300. When I took her to the vet a month ago she said to just give it a month or two and it will fall off. It is so gross looking and it is miserable for her to not be able to play with other dogs. Since the wart grew and is now in the way of her gums I think the best thing to do is remove it rather than wait. Funny how I am putting my dog’s needs over my own when there are so many people in this economy that do the opposite and even abandon their pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment