Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Two Days with No Meat!

I really am trying to eat less meat. I am not going to go vegetarian - I hate every type of seafood - I just want to do it for the health benefits of not eating steroids and all the other crap that is pumped into meat. I do buy so called "natural" chicken breasts. Today was my first day making it two days in a row with no meat. My substitute is the Morning Star products. They are so good. The chicken pattie really does taste like a chicken pattie and their black bean burger is amazing! Their products are low in fat and I cannot get over how good they are. For breakfast I had cereal and lunch was a Hershey bliss candy bar. It has been so long since I had a candy bar and it tasted like Heaven.

I tried out a new recipe for dinner for Tony. Buffalo Shrimp Sliders from Redbook magazine. He loved them! I used large Kaiser rolls rather than dinner rolls so they were more of a sandwich for him. With it I made my famous spicy potato and I had a Morning Star chicken sandwich. Funny how with me trying to eat light and healthy Tony is the one that gets the home cooked meals and mine come from a box. I also made meringues with fresh strawberries, cool whip, and sugar free chocolate syrup. Awesome dinner. The meringues with strawberries reminds me so much of being at my Grandma Dorothy's house. I can't quiet remember when she would buy them when we were kids. I think sometime in spring. Recipe Link: http://www.redbookmag.com/recipefinder/buffalo-shrimp-sliders-recipe-rbk0610.

I saw the doctor today about my knee. He is not exactly sure what is going on with it but definitely some weakness and pain. I have to rest for two weeks and take some meds. If it does not get better I have to go back for a MRI to see if I have a tear in my muscle. Not very fun. So that last post I had about getting off your ass and mowing the lawn...not going to happen for me for a while. It actually does upset me because I love the work out and the tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment