Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Crappy Interview and a Bum Knee

I had a phone interview at 9 AM this morning. My phone interview did not even last 10 minutes. Now if you are in HR please forgive my next comments. I cannot stand most HR reps especially when the job I applied for is technical. This guy had no clue what he was talking about and I kept asking what area of the bank the position was in and all he could tell me was financial. Yeah...thanks buddy...that really narrows it down. What a douche bag. All he could ask were generic questions since he does not know the business and finally I said this is not the right job for me. I so badly wanted to say let me interview with the hiring manager since he will be able to answer my questions and understand the perspective I am coming from.

Some other not so optimistic news on my job front is the fact I will not be able to work at the bank I was just at as a contractor again. They have a strict policy on not rehiring contractors for contract work but I could go back as a perm employee...if they would only hire perm employees! It really bites because there was an open position for an 18 month contract I was completely qualified for and cannot get.

I hurt my knee a week ago while in Curacao. I have no idea what I did to it. I first noticed something when I tried to bend down and I had to sit. Now it is swollen, warm to the touch, and I can hardly walk or go up the stairs. The walk I took yesterday did not help it. I go to the doctor tomorrow at 11 AM and I hope it is nothing bad. I had to put my karate account on hold until I find out what is wrong. Tony will not be getting his 1950's housewife today. I did manage to clean up the dog piles outside and straighten the house a bit but that is it. He will not come home to me in a dress and apron but rather shorts and a tank top. No fancy meal tonight. It is going to be fish sticks and fries for him and a Morning Star chicken pattie for me. Luckily I have a husband that even appreciates that. A few weeks ago I tried to stop Tony from helping me clean up after dinner. I figure I can do that all now since I do not work. He said "we are in this together". Not many men would say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment