Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day at the Beach

Tony and I took Jack and Sydney to the beach yesterday. We had a wonderful time. Dogs are allowed on the beach in the 4x4 access area in Carolina Beach. They had a great time in the ocean and even after their baths yesterday sand is still falling off of them. Tony’s cousin, Danielle, met us at the beach for an hour with her boyfriend. She is from Maine and recently moved to Wilmington a few months ago. It is nice to have family close by.

There were some people that had their dogs off their leash, which is not allowed, and it really bothered my dogs. The people were throwing balls for their dogs to chase after and my dogs were crying. Dog Whisper: where are you when I need you! Jack started off the day by crying when he would see other dogs and it ended with him growling like he had rabies. So embarrassing. Then I realized he was tired and needed his nap. (Sounds like I am talking about kids and not dogs). We packed up and the dogs fell asleep on top of each other in the back seat of the truck. It was very cute.

One of our umbrellas broke at the beach. Tony and I had to make room under one umbrella for us and the two dogs. Half of my body is burned. It looks so hot! I did not take my own advice in a previous post about reading the label on the medicine bottle. Stay out of the sun! At least this drug was not that bad and I do not have second degree burns. It will likely look like a tan tomorrow or the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment