Monday, June 28, 2010

Stay At Home Wives

I do not understand why women ever wanted to have a full-time job when they are married. I love being at home and taking care of things around the house. My life is less hectic than what it used to be. I am able to go to the stores during the day when there are not many people out. Being able to do that while Tony is at work also gives us more time to spend together. I finally found a solution to my 100+ shoe collection that was overwhelming my closet. (Yes I know...who has 100 shoes) Walmart has plastic barrels for $5 each. I bought four of them and filled them with shoes and for the ones I still have boxes for they are stacked nicely in the closet. I have so much more room now than having them all set out like I used to. It was a mess! It is just small things like that I am able to work on that I was never able to before. I feel more alive than I ever have been. It just shows you do not need a job and loads of cash to make you happy. Of course I think not working is so great now since it has been less than two months but I am sure I will think differently in a few months.

Today I met some former coworkers at Chili’s for lunch. I did not sleep well last night due to some pain and did not wake up until 10 AM! The longest I slept in that late in a very long time. So I did not eat lunch but did have some good conversations and got caught up on all the old work drama. Probably best I did not eat lunch since I had to get my bridesmaid dress fitted right after. Now I cannot gain a single pound since the alterations are being done!

I thought my knee was doing better today but as the day went on it became more painful. I did a lot of walking around today when I was shopping. I may have over done it. I can’t wait for it to heal! My foot that I slammed into the door jam is not any better either. On the bright side no new injuries, however, I still have to get my work out in for the night.

Next week I am going to be interviewing for a job as an account support manager at a company I used to work for. It will be a permanent position and I will not have to deal with any recruiters! If hired I would get to work at home. Once you worked at home it is near impossible to go back to working in an office. Tomorrow I am going to be talking with another recruiter for a reporting business analyst position. The pay is great but it is another contract job. Also seems like a job I would be boarded to death doing but hey, at least it would be something for now if I am hired. I know I can’t stay not working forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment