Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Southeners Can't Get Enough Fried Chicken

So I just read on Yahoo New that North Carolina, South Carolina, and Mississippi tie for 10th place for the fatest states. Michigan is the only state not in the South that is in the top 10. I have to wonder if this is due to the way the South cooks food. I mean common! Every thing is fried and sweetened to the point of gut rot.

You want butter...the South has butter...on every freaken thing! Whenever I order a sandwich at a restaurant I request no butter or mayo. Nine times out of 10 it comes with butter or mayo and I have to send it back. No doubt the care coughing in my sandwich after I send it back. What in the world is it with butter? I hate it! Any time there is a recipe that calls for butter or oil I use applesauce, unless I am baking for other people. I can't stand sweet things. The Southern sweet tea can put a Northerner (or as they say here, Yankee) into a sugar coma. I was given sweet tea by accident and nearly spit it out on the table. There is nearly 1,000 calories in a large glass! It is gross. You know there are fast food restaurants in the South that have fried chicken for breakfast! WTF are they thinking? I was at a chicken pickin the other weekend and was happy to see green beans but when I got close to them they were soaked in BUTTER!! No thanks, I'll pass.

It comes as no shock to me to see Southern states on the list of the fatest states. Of course there are other factors like poverty and race but it seems to me some of it is how they are brought up. I do not think you will ever see sweet tea or fried chicken leave the South..or even cut the amount available in half!

Article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20100629/hl_hsn/obesityratesjumpin28statesreportshows

No comments:

Post a Comment