Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Housewife View on Yard Work and Gardening


Why in the world would yard work be in a housewives list? Because it is 2010. While the men work get off your ass and mow the lawn if you are a housewife. It is great exercise and you will get a nice tan if you do it in your bikini. With how many looks I get when people drive by I am convinced a bikini landscape service would make a fortune. For now my neighbor’s and the people driving by get the show for free. But hey…I have a golden tan for a pale white girl and an ass of steel from pushing the mower. I also get out the landscape edger and edge around our landscaping. For those of you that have seen my yard you know it is not an easy task. Trim the bushes(haha...that's what she said), wheel barrel the yard waste to the woods in the back of the development, spray bug killer, fertilize, and much more. The only thing I do not do in the yard is weed whack. I destroyed the weed whacker last time I attempted to use it leaving my husband with a mess.

I have amazing hydrangeas and rose bushes along with some other flowers. I just cut a few and used them as a centerpiece on my dinning room table. Nothing makes you feel more like a housewife when you cut your own flowers and make an arrangement. I would have a vegetable garden if it were not for my dogs. I have a peach tree and the dogs rip the peaches down since they look like balls. There are two beautiful lilac bushes that are supposed to grow and overtake my ugly shed. Something in the lilac attracts the dogs and the lilacs are gone even before they bloom. Today I cut some tiger lilies and roses and use them as a centerpiece on my kitchen table. Before when I was working I never took the time to cut my own flowers and enjoy them in the house. Doing that recently makes me want to plant more flower bushes and more varieties to pick from.

No comments:

Post a Comment