Monday, June 14, 2010

Sometimes Going Cheap Does Not Pay

I bought flea and tick control from Walmart for my dogs. In the past I always bought Frontline from Doctor’s Foster and Smith. I decided to save money by going cheap in this area. I looked over everything on the Adam’s brand flea and tick control and it looked like it does exactly the same thing as Frontline. I applied it to each of my three dogs and it was a mess. It is so much more oily than Frontline. I applied it four days ago and my dogs still look like grease monkeys from the ’80’s. Well what I did not think about was how this stuff would rub off on my bedding. Sydney slept next to the bed by Tony and stained the bed skirt. Not just a small spot. A huge area. Oscar sleeps in bed with us so of course he got it on the duvet. What makes me want to cry…my duvet is $270 and my bed skirt is $120 at Macy’s. I did buy an extra duvet last year that is still in the package but not the bed skirt. I washed and oxy cleaned the bed skirt and duvet and it is not coming out. I went to macys.com and found my bed skirt is on sale for $70 and with my Macy’s rewards I can get it for $50 plus shipping. I am not going to put the new bed skirt on until I use up all the Adam’s flea and tick treatment. So I saved $58 by using Adams for a three month supply but spent that amount on a new bed skirt. Frontline never damaged my bedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment