Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dinner, Games, and a Movie - Perfect Night In

Tonight I made Tony's favorite meal. Hungry Girl Buffalo Nuggets with my Spicy Potatoes. We took the Harley down to the farmer's market in Moore Square in downtown Raleigh. We bought fresh potatoes, corn, cherries, jalapenos, shallots, and watermelon all for only $10. I love the farmer's market! They have the best fresh potatoes.

My spicy potato recipe is from my friend Kelly in WI. She made them for Tony and I about 6 years ago and we have been making them ever since. The original recipe called for oil but I use butter spray and it tastes even better and cuts out so a lot of calories and fat. I also like red potatoes over the Idaho.


For the HG Buffalo Nuggets I like to use the Frank's Red Hot Sauce but this time I used Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce. It does not hold the breading as well so I do not recommend this brand.



I got a little creative with our corn on the cob. I melted light butter and mixed it with some herbs to create a herb butter spread. Of course I did not eat that since I do not like butter but Tony LOVED it.



Now the rest of the night is going to be playing board games and watching When in Rome. The best times with my husband are right on the couch watching a movie, enjoying a glass of wine, and eating popcorn.

Hungry Girl Buffalo Nuggets: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1309
Spicy Potato Recipe:

Spicy Potatoes

1 tb oil or butter spray for a low fat version
3 tb Parmesan cheese
2 ts parsley
1 ts paprika
½ ts garlic salt
1/8 ts pepper
4 Idaho Potatoes cubed

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix Parmesan, parsley, paprika, garlic, and pepper together in small bowl. In large bowl add cubed potatoes and oil. Stir together. Then add seasoned mixture. Stir together well. .Place on foiled, greased baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes flipping potatoes half way through.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you still make those!!! So do we!! we love them! It is our favorite potatoes in the summer time. We cook them on the grill with our steaks!
    Hope you hear something soon on the job front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you introduced us to the potatoes. They are the best! Another potato recipe I like for the fall and winter months is red potatoes, freshly crushed garlic, rosemary, and EVOO. I cut the potatoes in quarters and bake in a serving dish for about an hour. The smell that comes out of the oven is amazing.

    ReplyDelete