Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flying

I hate flying. I hate the people, I hate the wait, I hate everything about it. On my flight from RDU to Chicago I had this very annoying guy sit next to me. He stunk too. I put on my smelly hand sanitizer to try to lessen the smell of him and even rubbed perfume on my neck hoping to only smell myself. Didn’t work. I do not like talking to people I do not know unless it is for work. This creepy, horribly dressed guy next to me kept asking me questions. I would give a short answer and not say anything else. I finally put on my head phones so he would get the hint. Once he stopped bothering me I turned the music nearly off but still left the headphones in. He attempted to make conversation again. I turned my body to face Tony and then he left me alone…until…I opened my book and there he was again with questions. I so wanted to say “dude, I do not want to be rude but I do not like talking to people I do not know”. I held back since I had to sit next to him.

So for those of you that like to chat with other people on airplanes here is a word of advice. If you ask them something and they give you a simple answer and nothing more they do not want to talk to you. If they put on their headphones they do not want to talk to you. If they are reading a book or magazine they do not want to talk to you and if you attempt to talk to someone that is reading that is just plain rude. So for you chatters out there please entertain yourselves when you fly. Bring a book, magazine, talk to yourself in your head if you have to but for Christ sake leave everyone else alone.

While waiting in Chicago for my flight back to Raleigh this woman with two small boys sat in front of the counter at her gate…on the FLOOR. She dug out the McDonald’s lunch for her sons – real healthy lady. Their nuggets were sitting on the dirty floor – directly on the dirty floor and they continued to eat them. The youngest pulled on the railings and nearly knocked them over if onlookers had not caught them. What is the mother doing…texting. No discipline whatsoever. He ran around screaming and you could tell by the look on everyone’s face they were thinking “OMG! I hope that child is not on my flight.” What is wrong with people? Seriously.

One of my worst child experiences while flying was on a flight to Raleigh two years ago. I was in a dead sleep and woke up to the worst smell. This kid about three years old in front of me shit himself. The worst part – the parents let him sit in it and did not change him. I woke up choking on the smell of this kid’s shit. After about five or ten minutes a flight attendant came over and told the parents to change him. They came back with the shorts he was wearing in a plastic bag. I wonder how much poop ended up on the seat that someone later sat in. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment