Saturday, July 31, 2010

My New Job

I am two days into my new job now. It is so weird I started this week with interviews planned and then all the sudden I have an offer and am working on Thursday. Life sure does have a way of surprising me. My job has been a little slow. Thursday was filled with HR paperwork and an introduction to the project. Friday I was able to sit with a coworker part of the day and start learning their systems and processes. When I was at my old job I spent 9 am to 5 pm on conference call straight. Very rarely did I have any breaks and sometimes there were two and even three conference calls on my calendar at the same time. This new job sure is a change of pace for me. I might just learn how to relax and not be so uptight. I am sure things will pick up at my job but I will not nearly have the amount of conference calls I did at my last job. I might actually be a 40 or 45 hour a week employee rather than a 60.

Since I started working in a professional environment 9 years ago I always wear high heels. I am so used it that I really cannot walk without high heels on. Well…this last year of working at home and wearing flip flops all the time took that leg strength away from me. One day wearing heels for a full 9 hour day and I am so sore! The bottoms of my feet and calves are screaming at me to take it easy. I never had a problem walking in heels for this long until now. Hopefully it does not take me long to get used to it again.

So one huge problem with me not spending money. With all the weight I lost (Ok I put 5 back on) I bought all new clothes earlier this year. What I did not buy was work cloths. CRAP! I do need to buy a few new pairs of dress pants. I should be OK on shirts. I have about 25 pairs of dress pants and almost all of them are falling off of me. I do not mind if they are a little big but some of them are just extreme. I also need a new pair of black dress shoes. I really have not purchased a new pair since I worked in an office every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment