Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Birthday

My birthday started out wonderful. I do not make a big deal about birthdays but today was a great day. I rolled out of bed this morning forgetting it was even my birthday until I entered the living room and Tony put up Happy Birthday banners in the living room and dinning room. He even bought gold confetti and sprinkled it on the table. He is so cute when it comes to birthdays.

I continued on with my day with job searching followed by an interviewing class held by the unemployment office. I scored two interviews today that are scheduled for next week. One of them is with Bank C I mentioned yesterday and the other is with an insurance company with a big duck...hint, hint.

I picked up my bridesmaid dress and the tailor took way too much in around the chest. It is pretty tight and gives me rolls in the back with what little fat I have back there. I am going to take it back tomorrow to see if they can bring it out more. I hope they do not charge me for it since I already picked it up.

I made Tony and me burgers and fries for dinner. Mine was a black bean burger and Tony's was a turkey burger. Nothing fancy since I was headed out to karate while Tony baked my birthday cake. It was the first cake he ever made and he is learning slowly by using a box mix and frosting. One of these days I will teach him how to do every thing from scratch. Takes a long time but the results and self fulfillment are worth it. Back to the cake...since I have my bridesmaid dress to fit into in two weeks I gave him the substitutes to make the cake low fat. Use applesauce instead of oil and egg beaters for real eggs. He did and the cake tasted great. He even put it on my cake plate. I could tell he was pretty proud of himself.



I did not want anything fancy for my birthday since I am not working. Tony was going to buy me a spa session but I told him I would be just as happy with "It's Complicated". I love that movie. That is what he bought me along with a bottle of wine. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment