Monday, July 26, 2010

My Weekend in Charleston

I had a great time in Charleston with my friend Crystal. She moved to Charleston from WI earlier this year. We have not seen each other in over five years. I drove down Friday afternoon. She had Chinese takeout was waiting for me. Crystal took me to her friend’s house to cool down in their pool. It was a horrible hot day in the Carolinas and nothing felt better than a dip in a pool. Her friends are so nice and I that bottle of wine they served up for me went down really well.


Saturday we went to downtown Charleston in the historic area. Crystal’s boyfriend drives one of the carriages and we were able to get on his tour. I like doing the carriage tours when I am in Charleston but that day it was around 100 degrees. I had a small lacy fan to try to cool down with but that was not working. I was in the middle of the carriage and sweating so badly. I put my legs up on the bench in front of me to get some air up my dress. I am sure I was showing many people my business but at that point I did not really care. Those nice air conditioned tour buses that were passing us looked better and better as the ride went on. After over an hour in the carriage we finally returned to the barn. The whole bottom of my light blue dress was covered in sweat. Almost looked like I pissed myself but on the back. Lucky for me I was not the only one with massive sweat on my clothes.


Saturday night Crystal and her roommate took me out to an upscale club downtown. I do not even remember the last time I was at a club. It may have been over six years ago when Tony and I lived in WI. Clubs just are not my thing. I am not a dancer but did dance a few songs with Crystal because she loves it so much. At least with it being an upscale club no one bothered me since I was wearing my wedding ring.


Sunday I left around noon and drove home. Tony and I have been together for almost 10 years and we still hate being apart even though we are having fun with friends. Tony had the guys over Friday night and then went out with a few on Saturday so he had a good time.


If you have never been to Charleston, SC it is one of those places you must visit before you die. Put it on your bucket list. This city is so amazingly beautiful and breathe taking. The history in this city is not like any other I have ever been too. The live oak trees are so mesmerizing. They are wider than they are tall and moss hangs from the branches. There are so many things to do and so many places to see. The possibilities are endless. The pictures are some I took last year in Charleston. I have not had the time to upload the new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment