Saturday, July 10, 2010

Date Night at the Comedy Club

Normally every Friday night Tony and I would go out to dinner and then find someplace to wander and spend money. Since I have not been working we try to only eat out once a month together. I also have a very hard time spending money out to dinner when I could have made it better. When we did go out to dinner it was at restaurants we know have great food and I order items I do not cook. Nothing pisses me off more than paying $15 for chicken out to dinner and it tastes horrible. How freaken hard is it to make chicken?

For our dinner last night I cooked a pepper cracked lean pork loin, angel hair pasta, vegetables, and apple cake with caramel sauce. It was great! Tony did not get home until after 6 PM, which is really late for him. His work is keeping him busy! I had the table set and a beer freshly poured in a frosty glass. I was already dressed up just as if we were going out. After dinner we watched Leap Year with Amy Adams. It was OK. Then we went to the late show at Charlie Goodnight’s Comedy Club. Since it is my birthday month I was given free tickets to a show. The show was OK. Tony liked it more than I did. I can’t stand the loud people at comedy clubs. They obviously did not get enough attention as children so the seek attention from comedians by shouting at them. How sad is that? The one guy behind me I really had to bite my lip because I was so ready to turn around and tell him to shut up.

This is the first Saturday in a few weeks Tony and I woke up together. With how busy his work has been he has been working half days on Saturdays. It is nice to have the extra income as well. He put in enough hours during the work week this week. We woke up at the same time…well…got out of bed. I made it to the couch and fell right back asleep. I am NOT a morning person. We both ended up with cereal for breakfast. Maybe tomorrow I will actually cook breakfast for us. Today we are going to go to the farmer’s market to pick up fresh vegetables for homemade pasta sauce and pickles. I may make the pasta sauce today and pickles tomorrow. Look for pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment