Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe

By request from my blogger fans :) here is the recipe for the Double Chocolate Banana Bread.


Double Chocolate Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
2 eggs (I use egg beaters)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use 1/3 cup applesauce instead)
1 ¼ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour (I use whole wheat flour)
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use about ¾ cups)

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of a 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat sugar, eggs, and oil in large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in banana and vanilla on low speed.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Beat into banana mixture on low speed. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.

Without the changes I make the bread is 215 calories and 9 grams of fat per serving (16 servings). With the changes I make it is 175 calories and 4 grams of fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment