Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

I went to WI over the 4th of July for my sister-in-laws bridal shower and my high school reunion. The bridal shower was great. Two of the other bridesmaids were able to make it. It was small but fun. The other girls in the bridal party are super sweet. My future sister-in-law is really nice and I like her a lot. Not many people can say that about their in-laws.



My high school reunion was OK. It was nice to see some of the people, others, not so much. It was my ten year reunion and people were still in their little clicks. Annoying! I will say the best part about going to the reunion is seeing the women that treated me like shit back then are now, well, not so great. There were a few of those and I looked amazing. Even caught a few of the guys from high school staring at me and back then they did not give me the time of day. Bet they now wish they were a little nicer to me. It was the perfect “f--- you” without having to say it.

After the reunion I met one of my best friends and her family for dinner at my parent’s house. Jessica and I have been friends since my sophomore year in high school. She only was in my high school for one year and then moved back to Texas. We were inseparable that year of high school. We stayed friends all these years and made a few visits to her after she moved to Indiana. Since moving to NC I have not been able to visit her. My vacation was always reserved for WI trips and other vacations for Tony and me. It was great to see her again.
Tony's mom is a janitor at the school where we grew up. She does building check once a day. Tony and I went with her one of the days and watched our nieces play in the gym and road on three wheel bikes in the school. We were just acting goofy. There were four grades between Tony and I so we did not know each other in high school. As we were leaving the gym we had our first kiss in high school and then I asked Tony if he wanted to go make out in the locker room. LOL! We did not but it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment