Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars

Today I went to see my friend Kristen that just had a baby on Saturday. She and the baby are doing well. It was nice to get out of the house and see her. Still no baby itch here.

I finally have an interview with Bank C that I submitted a resume to over a month ago. I have been working with a recruiter for this position I would be an excellent fit for. It is just a 6 month contract but I would be back to the wage I had at my last job so I would be able to save a lot of money before searching again. There is also the possibility for the job to go perm.

Tomorrow is my birthday and Tony is going to attempt to bake me a cake. This should be interesting. I am going to go to my early class at karate while he bakes. The pictures he takes of me with the cake probably will not be the most flattering since I will be a sweaty mess. It is so sweet of him to try.

On Friday I am heading to Charleston, SC to visit one of my friends. Tony is hosting boys night at our house so I can't let him think he can handle all the food on his own. I made peanut butter bars today for the boys and tomorrow I am going to bake the potatoes for the potato salad and prepare it Friday morning before I leave.

The peanut butter bars were really easy to make. There is no baking required. I found the recipe in my Southern Living Desserts cookbook. I made a mistake and bought milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet so these are very sweet. Tony likes them. Not sure how many will be left by Friday. Unlike my other recipes there is nothing low fat about these.



Peanut Butter Squares

1 cup butter - melted
5 1/3 oz graham crackers (one package inside a box of graham crackers), about 1 2/3 cups crushed
4 cups powerded sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted (I used 1 1/2 cups)

1. Stir together first four ingredients in a medium bowl. Firmly press mixture into an ungreased 13x9 inch pan. Spread melted chocolate over bars.
2. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hrs until chocolate is set. Cut into square.

Note: Layer peanut butter squares between sheets of wax paper and store in an airtight container up to 1 week, or freeze up to 1 month.

No comments:

Post a Comment