Monday, August 30, 2010

My Busy Weekend

This past weekend flew by so fast! Crystal arrived Friday evening and we went out to dinner at my favorite Japanese restaurant. Crystal lived in Japan for a year while she was in the Army so it brought back memories. At this restaurant they cook the food in front of you. Our chef was offering to toss food into your mouth and I pulled open Crystal’s shirt so it would go between her boobs. She just loved me for that one. We stopped at a few stores before returning to my house. We had some drinks and I put in a movie. We both were exhausted. Me from working that day and Crystal from the drive. We fell asleep during the movie.

Saturday I took Crystal to downtown Raleigh to ride the trolley at the Mordeaci plantation. It takes you around downtown Raleigh and provides the history of the city. I have not been on that tour in a few years so it was nice to do it again and get some ideas for new places to go. I took her to The Pit for lunch. Bobby Flay did a BBQ throw down there. Very great place to go. We did not even make it there until after 2:00 and it was still packed! We had the funniest gay waiter ever. He was fun and so on target with his jokes. Later that evening we decided to go to the comedy club for a show. It was OK. The opening act was better than the main act. I can’t remember the guys name but he was the opening act for a show Tony and I saw a few weeks ago and also was way better than the main show. I took her to Rum Runners after the show. Rum Runners is a dueling piano bar where the musicians and crowd get involved and sign obnoxiously to classic songs. I love this place. I am able to break out of my shell since everyone is acting like an ass. Crystal is used to clubbing so this was a little out of her comfort zone but she had fun. We only stayed for an hour and then went home. We had the midnight munchies so we stayed up to eat and talk some more before going to bed.

Sunday morning Crystal left to return back to Charleston. I had a Tastefully Simple show at my friend, Elissa’s house. I think I did OK in front of the crowd. I was able to get $410 in sales and two more show bookings!

Tony returned home from camping with the guys Sunday afternoon while I was still at the show. He had a great time with the guys. It was a little strange not talking to him at all on Saturday. Not sure if we have ever gone a full day not talking to each other when one of us travels. I think he was a bit disappointed I did not miss him as much the last time he went to the Harley rally in the mountains. With Crystal visiting she kept me busy so my mind was on other things.

I am excited to report we are planning our next vacation in October. We are going to go to NYC for a four day weekend. I was able to get one day off of work next month plus a banker’s holiday. We want to go to Arizona to visit Tony’s cousin but that will have to wait until earlier next year. We want to make that a five day trip since it is a longer flight to get there and my vacation is limited because of a project I am working on so I was lucky even to get the one day off. I am going to buy the plane tickets soon so I cannot be forced to cancel my trip. I am going to use my travel vouchers from American Airlines to pay for the tickets so they will be practically free.

No comments:

Post a Comment