Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nikki's Visit

The night before we left for Wisconsin Nikki came to visit. They were running behind so I got out of cooking them dinner. I did make the Hungry Girl Red Velvet cupcakes and completely slaughtered them. I was in such a rush I forgot to put the salt in and I ran out of red food coloring. Amazing how just salt makes such a difference. I thought they tasted like crap but Tony did not mind them. I sent a bunch with Nikki since we were not going to eat them.



It was so awesome to see Nikki again. Her husband is really nice and I am happy for her that she found such a great guy. It is funny that it seemed like we picked up right where we left off and did not feel like 9 years since we last saw each other. I took them over to my friend’s house so her son Benjamin could meet Evan. They are only a month or two apart and when they were babies they looked like twins. It was fun to watch the boys run around and play.



Just having Benjamin around for a few hours shows how little I know about children. He is only 16 or 17 months old and Nikki asked for a glass of water for him. I fill it up to the top and hand it to him. He attempted to drink it and proceeded to dump it all over himself. Okay…I filled it too full. So I emptied half of the glass and gave it back. This time he thought it would be funny to dump it on Sydney. Nikki laughed and said “Laura you have to hold it for him.” Before they left we took a few pictures and Nikki handed me Benjamin for one of the pictures. Holding kids makes me nervous especially when they start to cry. That mother instinct surly has not picked up in me yet.

Nikki is back in Jacksonville, Florida so hopefully Tony and I can take a road trip by her sometime this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment