Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Wednesday was our anniversary. Nine years already! It is so hard to believe. Many people never thought Tony and I would make it even a year after we were married and here we are nine years later still going strong. I think many people do not fight hard any more to keep their marriage alive which is why so many end in divorce. Tony and I have been through a lot in our marriage and we always managed to pull through and come out even stronger.

For our anniversary we stayed in and I made Italian fondue and a chocolate caramel dessert fondue. Tony did not care for the Italian fondue sine it used white wine. I liked it especially since it had bacon it. Normally I make a German fondue with beer that he loves. We never get each other anything on our anniversary. Many years we went on a mini vacation around our anniversary. I did have a trip planned for Charleston next weekend but I canceled it since I am just now working again. So instead of a trip we consider the new concrete patio our anniversary present. We did exchange cards. Sappy cards really make me want to vomit. Normally we get each other funny cards but Tony went down the route of a sappy card this year. Even though they make me want to hurl I know the words in the card are what Tony would say to me. Now my card on the other hand was a funny card. On the front of it were two frogs and it said “I’ll love you…” and in the inside it said “…until I croak”. I thought it was funny and in my weird way my version of romantic…Tony…not so much. But he did laugh. I promised him for our 10 year I would get him a sappy card.

We watched a movie we just received from Netflix. Get your tissue ready. Hachi: A Dog’s Tale is a huge tear jerker for people that love dogs. Even if you don’t have dogs there is no way you could not possibly cry in this movie. It is based on a true story about the strong bond between a dog and its owner. The dog showed up every day to greet him at the train station when he returned home from work. Halfway through the movie the man dies and the dog still showed up every day for nine years waiting for his owner. Very powerful story. There is a statue at the train station in Japan where this all took place. The movie puts it in the United States in a current time to relate to the viewers. You can read more about it on this link. http://japancinema.net/2010/01/13/hachi-a-dogs-tale-review/

Yesterday I could tell a huge difference in my knee from the cortisone injection. I was able to get a great workout in karate. Probably the best I’ve had in months. The bad news is I was about to have a steroid fit at work from the injection. I could feel my chest tightening and my adrenaline start racing over silly things I had to do at work. Nothing that would every make me angry or irritated on a normal day. I had to leave work during lunch before I lost it. It was kind of scary. I hope my knee stays doing well so I do not need the shot again.

Today Tony leaves for the mountains with his friends for a dude weekend camping trip. Crystal is coming up from Charleston to visit me for a girl’s weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment