Monday, August 2, 2010

Work and Play

I am now day three into working again. It still feels weird. I miss sleeping 10 hours a day and now my body has to adjust to 6-7 hours of sleep again. Not liking this. I am a person that loves to sleep. Tony on the other hand is happy I am not staying up until midnight any more. It does not help the coffee at work is so strong it tastes burnt. So gross.

I am quickly realizing I am not longer going to be able to keep a nice house 24/7. When I worked from home I was still able to keep the house clean since I straightened up the house on my breaks or while on conference calls. I hate having a dirty house. I vacuumed at least once every other day. I can’t stand dirt. Tony made the bed this morning. I think that was the first time he made the bed in the morning in probably over a year. He still does not do it right but at this point I really cannot complain.

Tony and I kept busy this weekend. Friday night we went out to dinner and then went to Elissa’s house for drinks. I rode the Harley with a dress on which made for a cold ride back home later in the evening. The first cold night we had about two months and it just had to be that night. It also takes skill to get on and off a motorcycle with a dress on and not show everyone my business.

Saturday I of coursed cleaned…now that I have to clean on the weekends again. I was able to stop at Kohls and get some pants for work. It rained all day so we stayed in and watched movies. We watched The Young Victoria which Tony HATED and could not wait for it to be over with. I loved it.

So I am trying not to spend money on things we do not need to but Sunday we found an awesome deal. We love the Adirondack style beach chairs and World Market had them on sale for $50 each…solid wood! We bought four of them. It is impossible to find these chairs under $100. The plastic ones are around $50. The plan is to have our patio extended in the middle of September so these chairs are a perfect addition. With the chairs and the new work clothes I bought it is time to stop spending money for a while.

I am so excited about kicking off my Tastefully Simple business. I organized my office around it. I only make 30 percent on sales, which for the price of the products is not a whole lot. After business and party supplies it is probably more like 20-25%. I had to spend quite a bit of money to get started but my kit also included products to sell. It probably will take me around 3 or 4 shows to recoup my start up costs. There are other items I want to buy to create gift baskets that can be sold at the shows. I think this is going to be more of a sales job that gets me out of the house to meet new people and share my obsession of Tastefully Simple. The money making will come later after I get a larger customer base and get recruits under me.

I am back counting weight watcher points this week. When I was doing weight watchers earlier this year I lost 15 pounds. I only wanted to lose 10 so the 15 was an added bonus. However, I started putting a few back on since my bridesmaid dress was tailored. My brother’s wedding is this coming weekend so I cannot afford to put on any extra weight. I hate counting weight watcher points. I hate watching my weight period. Lucky for me the first few pounds I gain go right to my rear end and Tony loves a nice bottom. I think I graduated from the Jennifer Lopez ass to the Kim Kardashian. Really, for the size of my waist this thing is huge. My size 4 skinny jeans from Ann Taylor Loft are tight around my thighs and butt now to the point of cutting off my circulation. They have stretch in them but I stretched those things to the max. I let Tony witness what it is like to put on skinny jeans. Not a pretty sight. Pull them up, squat, pull them up further, squat again, repeat, suck it in, zip, button, and squat…squat some more...in about an hour they will feel right. You know what really does suck with losing weight, what little bit of real boob I did have disappeared. Now I am all fake. I can’t imagine how odd I would look without these implants. My proportion was so off before.

Oh, update on my knee. It was getting better but now with me on my feet all day again it is swelling back up. I was supposed to go to the doctor this week but I cancelled my appointment. I know he is going to recommend a MRI so I am going to put it off for another month or so until my paychecks come in. I am able to get around OK but the bending is killing me. I am happy to report my ER visit only cost me $150. I was so worried it was going to be very expensive with the CT scan but all of that was included in my ER copay. I have not received the bill from the doctor yet. Hopefully that is all covered. The hospital outsources to another company so they bill separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment