Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Rest of my Trip to WI


Sunday late morning Tony and I left to visit Joe and Kelly. They came to the wedding reception the night before but I was not able to visit with them as long as I would have liked with everything else that was going on. We stayed there for an hour or two and then left to visit my friend Gladys in Wisconsin Rapids. I have not seen her in a few years. She was one of my good friends before I moved. I was so glad I had time to go and see her. Normally Tony and I are not able to visit with friends when we go to WI because our time is so short. This time around I did not feel bad leaving the family since we were just there last month. Gladys lives an hour and a half from my parents which makes it even more difficult to see her when I visit. Gladys invited Sy and Melissa over for dinner as well; some old friends as well. We had such a great time. I forgot how funny Gladys’s husband, Jeremy is. Gladys has a 14 month old daughter and is pregnant again. Ileana is so cute. She was playing in the cabinet that has the storage containers. Tony looked over and said, “Is she grating her tongue?” Ileana grabbed a grater and put her tongue against it. Gladys turned around and took it from her. The funny part was Tony just questioned it rather than running over to see what she was doing. We all laughed. Later on we found out Ileana thinks farting noises are funny. Tony was making them with his mouth and then I lifted up my arm and blew on it to make the noise. Ileana copied me and did the same thing. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Now she knows how to make farting sounds on her arm. The day after we left she still was doing it. Gladys made some awesome pickles and gave me some to take home. Hers were crunchy compared to the ones I canned. I am going to have to get the recipe from her.

Monday morning Tony’s parents took us to the airport. Everything was going great until I tore my knee in the Detroit airport. We were walking and I could feel it tear and heat up and then it started swelling. It remained sore for the next few days and I had to get out some steroids from when I first injured it. The steroids really help the swelling but I want to eat everything I can get my hands on. I struggled through karate last week to keep up and my instructors knew I was injured so they took it easy on me. I am going to see the doctor on Wednesday this week. I am sure I am going to need the MRI done to see how bad my knee is. I have a better health insurance plan where I work at than Tony’s insurance. Paying for the MRI will not be a huge deal now.

No comments:

Post a Comment