Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting back in the groove

Yesterday Tony and I tagged teamed dinner. He got home 45 minutes before I did so he put the pork in the oven and I finished making dinner when I got home. Normally we eat around 5 and we did not eat until 6 last night. It felt nice to make a decent meal and sit down together. We do not get to do that too much now that I am working again. I am going to save the easy bagged meals for the nights I go to karate. I only have about a half hour from the time I get home to when I am out the door again.

My job is starting to get more interesting as the days go on. I am getting more involved on one of my projects and am starting to feel like a contributing asset. I brought the team peanut butter bars yesterday since we are locked in a room for 3-4 hours straight each day performing testing. It was appreciated and I think I earned some brownie points with the team.

This past weekend Tony and I were very busy. Now that I am working again we are going to have our concrete patio extended the second week in September. In the meantime we have to tear down our shed and move some existing patio blocks over to where the shed was located. That area will become a courtyard since it is already boarded by bushes and trees. I am going to plant some vine bushes as soon as we build a pergola around it. On Saturday Tony cleaned out the shed and made a trip to the dump on Sunday. Then we began tearing down the shed. We are just about done with it. This weekend we will be able to move the blocks over. Where the patio block is now located will become part grass and the rest of the area will be taken over by the new concrete patio. Our current patio is only 10x10 and when it is done I think will be 14x27 or 14x22. I can’t remember what I told the guy. That area will also get a pergola but with a covered roof. Then we will tile it. It is going to be a lot of work that probably will take a year to complete it all due to cost but it will be beautiful once it is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment