Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Little Help Here!

I have so much going on this week and I do not know where to even start. I think Tony got way too spoiled the last year or so with me being able to handle just about everything around the house from cleaning, bills, cooking, shopping, vet appointments, and everything else it takes to run a household. I did all of that while working at my old job as well and putting in massive OT each week. So now Tony needs to get his ass in gear and realize now that I am back to working in an office I cannot handle everything on my own. I need help cleaning again and once in a while he is going to have to make dinner if I get home later than he does. I really do not know how working parents function properly. It is hard to keep just Tony and me straight.

Yesterday after work I had to drop off some clothes at the tailors for Tony and me and then I went to Kohl’s before coming home to find a new coffee maker. Of course the coffee maker I wanted was out of stock…or…let me start over. I pressed the help button at Kohl’s. It took a while for someone to show up and it was not even her department. I wanted to know if they had the coffee maker in the back. New stock is always coming in. The lady disappeared for a while and came back and said someone told her what they have out there is all they have. BULL SHIT! I asked her if they could call a different store to see if they have it before I drive all the way up there. She said I can go to the customer service counter and have them do that. My response…wait for it…”So you are telling me the person who is responsible for this area cannot come out here and help me like they should be doing.” Her response was “….Well….yes”. Horrible customer service. I stopped at another Kohl’s after karate and found it. Of course they had a nice stock guy who was filling the shelves again. Now let me tell you why we needed a new coffee maker. We have a cappuccino/espresso/coffee maker that seemed so cool when we bought it two years ago for only $25 – a $150 unit. It already has been replaced once by the manufacturer since it leaks water from the bottom. Our new one started doing the same thing and just continued to get worse. Tony does not think we need a new coffee maker…why…because he is not the one that cleans it up!

I brought the old coffee maker up stairs in storage just in case one day we may have someone over that would want a cappuccino or espresso. I would prefer to toss it in the garbage but Tony wants to keep it. On my way up stairs the piece of shit dripped gross, thick, old coffee from the bottom all over the stairs and hallway. Where was Tony when I was cleaning up this mess…playing video games. He had such a hard evening mowing the lawn. Can I say give me a f’ing break! He spends maybe 2-3 hours a week on yard work mainly because I can’t mow with my knee and then also a few hours a week working on the fence. Me…I spend at least 15 hours a week just cleaning alone not including paying bills, monitoring our spending, cooking, grocery shopping, and all the other wonderful things. Yet he always has to bring up the fact he stained the fence or mowed the frickin lawn. Like he deserves a reward. Here is a beer…good boy. Are you kidding me? He can’t even pick up the lawn furniture and mow underneath it. Annoying! I am the one that takes care of the landscaping other than him trimming a few bushes once in a while. Never have I seen him out there treating our bushes with Sevin or spraying weed killer. I do all of that. Oh another thing that pisses me off. He drags out the internet cords to hook up to his Xbox. He never puts the cords back all the way underneath the bed so no one sees them and forgets to turn off the base box which I asked him to do in the past.

Why am I ranting like this? Tonight I will be at karate from 5:30 – 9:00 including travel time. I do not pay $100 a month to not use my membership so I make an effort to go at least twice a week but lately has been more like once a week with everything that has been going on. My friend Nikki is coming to visit tomorrow and the carpets need to be vacuumed and hardwoods washed. Tony knows it needs to be done but I can guarantee I am going to be coming home at 9 and have to start on the floors. I also need to dust, just in the main area and make sure the kitchen is picked up. The rest of the house is fine. Wednesday Nikki comes to visit Wednesday when I am off of work, I am going to cook dinner for us and then not sure how long she is staying. After Nikki leaves Tony and I need to pack for WI and get the house ready for our dog sitter. Then to bed as early as possible since we have to get up at 4:30 AM to catch our flight to WI. I love that Nikki is coming to visit but I need help from Tony to prepare the house and I have a feeling I am not going to get it. I am not completely blaming him. Much of this is my fault with how he has not had to lift a finger around the house for over a year. Heaven forbid I ask for help because then I am nagging.

I am also working on my speech for my brother’s wedding. It is a hard speech to write. I checked online for tips on what to write about but the circumstances of my family make it a bit difficult. One of the things was to write about where you first met the bride. The first time I met Ashley was at my brother Bill’s funeral. So can’t write about that. I do want to mention Bill watching this special day from heaven but also do not want to burst into tears at the reception. URG! This is so hard. This week I feel like I am drowning in things to get done and do not know how I am going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment