Friday, August 13, 2010

Tim and Ashley’s Wedding Part 2

My mom is one of the noisiest people you will meet. I was hoping to sleep in a bit the day of the wedding. My hopes were crushed by the sound of Mom doing dishes and laundry. I could hear flatware being tossed into the sink, dishes banging together, the dryer door slamming…and much more. Mom, I know you are reading this and saying to yourself “Laura! I was busy that morning and stressed out.” Love you Mom but you have always been this way. I was too until Tony pointed it out to me years ago. He hated how I used to slam the lid on the toilet seat or the door on the washing machining. A new washing machine lid and toilet seats with shocks on them can help a person break some bad habits. Anyway…back to the morning of the wedding. I took a shower that morning and put extra hold gel in my hair so my style would not fall out. That crap sucks. It took three days for the gel to completely wash out of my hair. After getting ready I made my way to the salon. Tony cousins were doing the hair for the wedding. They both did amazing jobs on everyone’s hair. Of course I had to be the last bridesmaid to show up but not incredibly late. The Southern living is finally catching up to me. In the South it is appropriate to be late to anything and everything.


My Family with Ashley

Between the salon and wedding the bridesmaids were doing their makeup in Ashley’s hotel room. I stopped at Grandma and Grandpa’s after the salon waiting for Mom to arrive before heading to the hotel. Mom was running behind and when she got home at about noon to get her dress and get Dad…Dad was still sleeping! Yes, if Mom had not gone home Dad would have slept straight through the wedding. At least he looked well rested in the photos. I ended up not making it to the hotel room to do my makeup with the girls but did meet them at the church. I know, I know…last one there again. I did start helping out immediately. Ashley needed her shoes put on so I crawled underneath her wedding dress, in my bridesmaids dress, with my ass in the air. My sister-in-law knows me so well she said “Leave it to Laura to go under.” As payback for all the unflattering rear end photos I took of my mom in the past she had the photographer get pictures my ass in the air.


I just like how this picture makes me look skinny

The wedding ceremony went well. The maid of honor froze so I stepped up and fixed Ashley’s dress during the ceremony. The ceremony goes by so fast. It is hard to believe brides and grooms have so many nerves or the easiest piece. We took pictures at the church and at a park. The photographer was very creative although I did get worried when he had Ashley stand on an unstable log, on steep hill. All I could do was picture her falling and rolling down the hill right into the water. Luckily nothing like that happened.

The Bridal Party

Before we knew it the time flew by so fast it was getting close to the reception. We all sat down for dinner and the fun was about to begin. I bought two 12 packs of PBR and a bottle of Jack Daniels for Tony and my cousins to drink so they would not have to pay for drinks at the wedding. They could just sneak up to the hotel room for a refill. What I did not expect was for Tony and my cousin Gary to polish off a bottle of Jack Daniels before the dance even started. Dad took the flask away from Tony during dinner so I think that helped him pace it out more…what little could be paced out.

A great close up. I can tell I am aging

Jon had a great Best Man speech at the wedding. He had people laughing and giving more reasons for him not to get married since he already has a woman to cook for him – Ashley. Ashley’s Dad’s speech was pretty good and embarassing for her. Lets just say he reminded Tim once a month he needs to stop at the store and pick up Kotex super. I had my own little speech but it was not nearly as good as Jon’s.

When we did the bridal party dance the groomsman I was with had never danced to a slow song. To make matters even worse he was already shit faced. The funny part is people could tell I was teaching him to dance. Luckily Tim and Ashley’s bridal part are a bunch of goofballs so they thought it was hysterical.

Tony started dancing late into the night. He is so funny when he dances. My uncle Bill was watching Tony and asked me if that is how Tony dances or if that is the Jack Daniels dancing. It was the Jack Daniels. There was even a song that told people which direction to turn and how to step. Tony just decided to start dancing in a circle…I have that one on video.

Tony dancing with my Aunt Sandy

The night seemed to go by so fast and before we knew it the reception was over with. Tony passed out on the bed snoring so loudly. I decided to sleep on the other bed in the hotel room or he would keep me up. The next morning there was gift opening at th hotel. Tim and Ashley received a lot of nice things.

More to come on the rest of my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment