Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I am not a fan of New Year’s resolutions. Never made one. I really do not understand the point. If I really want to lose weight or do something different in my life I do not wait for a new year to start my plan.

I am so tired of hearing the phrase “A new year, a new you”. Really? Haven’t we been hearing that same phrase since the 80’s and yet people still chose the same New Year’s resolutions.

An article in Yahoo today was about how to get out of debt in 2011. How about you run that article prior to the Holiday shopping season so people do not overspend on gifts!

Another thing that bugs me about the people that decide they are going to lose weight for their New Year resolution is that from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve stuff their faces with candy, McDonald’s, and anything else they should not be eating. Those people are doomed at failure. It takes small steps to change a person’s eating habit. Going from engorging themselves in high fat foods to eating like a bird is not going to work.

For my weight loss I knew putting on weight was going to happen around this time of year because of my surgery. Am I making it my resolution to get the weight off? No! I am working on making sure that weight comes of sooner rather than later. Since last week I have been able 2.6 pounds off from the 4 I put on! It is not a resolution but my lifestyle. Oh yeah, forgot to tell you all I am now down to 137.4. Only a pound or two to go and I will be satisfied.

New Year’s Eve really has never been my thing. Tony and I normally have people over or stay at home by ourselves. Heck some years we were sleeping before midnight. This year we are going to go out to a pub. Our first time out in many years on New Year’s Eve. I have to wonder if we will make it to midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment