Thursday, December 9, 2010

In the Christmas Spirit

Last weekend I finally got into the Christmas spirit. We had snow on Saturday. It started in the afternoon and went into the evening. We normally never get snow this early in the year. We did get our tree from the fire department. It is a beautiful tree but I think it is one they cut early. It is dropping needles very fast. I would love to put ribbon on it but with me not working at home any more to keep an eye on the dogs I have a feeling they would destroy it. It was snowing when we picked up our tree too! I finished all of my Christmas shopping last weekend. I had my surgery yesterday and can’t drive for probably the rest of the month.

Tony's return from the Toys for Tots ride
Our early snow fall

I found some beautiful table decorations at World Market. I bought charges for my table and really neat wine glasses. I had $10 off a $30 purchase and 25% off my total order. I already had the place mats and napkins so it did not cost much to update my Christmas decorations for the dining room. I also bought really cute snowman salt and pepper shakers from Hallmark for only 33 cents after my coupon! They were originally $12! I even bought Christmas cards and stamps. Now just need to send them out. We still do not have our outdoor Christmas decorations out. Tony will do that this weekend.

Table decorations.

My surgery did go well but I am having problems sleeping. The percocet they gave me keeps me up and wired. I think I only slept for five hours last night. I would have started making Christmas candy at 1 AM if my food processor would not wake up Tony. I just hope my sleeping schedule gets back on track before work on Monday.
Our tree

No comments:

Post a Comment