Monday, December 27, 2010

Our Christmas Weekend

Christmas morning Tony woke up to find Sydney laying down by the tree waiting for her yearly gigantic rawhide bone. She has no interest in any of the toys. Jack and Oscar enjoyed opening their gifts and were upset when they ran out. When we gave Jack his bone he kept whining. I let him outside and he buried it under a juniper and covered it with mulch! We never saw him do that before. Milo usually finds a home in gift bags but this year we bought him a cat house that he loves…or at least did at the moment.

Yes most of those gifts are for the pets

Tony bought me some clothing I wanted from Macy’s, a bunch of Laura Mercier make up and two rings I liked from BCBG. I bought him Harley parts and surprised him with an engraved cigar holder and cutter. He really liked it.


For Christmas dinner we spent it with our friends. Misty is pregnant and with my bloating by the end of the meal I think my stomach was just as big as hers. I hate having bloating issues. It does not take much to irritate my stomach.

We bought Evan a blow up ball pit in the shape of a car. Not sure how much he liked it since we did not get a chance to blow it up but he did like the balls.


After dinner we played Pictionary. A favorite game among my friends. I was surprised I had the energy. With my sinus infection I end up having to take a nap during the day. During the game is started snowing. Snow on Christmas? Yes it did happen. It probably will be many years before we ever see snow on Christmas again. We ended up with about 6 to 8 inches!


The next day I was ready to get all the Christmas stuff put away. I just cannot leave it up for New Year’s like many people do. Again like I ranted about Christmas trees on Thanksgiving…New Year’s and Christmas are two separate holidays. My house is put back to normal. This is the first time since the remodel that our house has no seasonal decorations. I love my house. I think the slate on the fireplace sets it off.


I decided to venture out to Kohl’s which is only two miles away. It was my first time driving since my surgery. The roads were not plowed but there were paths. Tony could not believe of all days for me to attempt driving I chose that day. I told him since it snowed there are not many people out there for me to hit. I did make it to Kohl’s but I can tell if I had to slam on the brakes I would hurt my knee. I kept my left foot close to the brake in case I had to use it. I used my Kohl’s give card from Grandma and Tony’s mom to redecorate my half bathroom. It was OK before but really did not have a theme. I went with a beach theme in there. Tony said it feels like his pissing in the ocean. Now I just need to find a white distressed mirror to finish the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment