Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's

Tony and I ended up at the Duck and Dumpling for our New Year’s Eve dinner. The restaurant has a very neat city feel to it. It is located in an old building downtown. Tony enjoyed his meal but mine was not what I expected. It was OK but nothing special. I finally was able to wear my Michael Kors black and silver stiletto heels I bought earlier this year. I was not able to wear them all summer because the fractures in my toes were still healing. I had on a black Michael Kors dress too that I scored from Ross for only $40. The outfit looked amazing!

When it comes to hot places to go for drinks and dancing Tony and I are clueless. We had no idea where to go after dinner. We stopped at a restaurant by our house for a drink and then were home by 9 PM. Wow, aren’t we a wild bunch. I made some appetizers for us to snack on since our dinner was small. I got out of my dress and into flannel PJs. Tony was just thrilled about that but he put on flannel pants too. Staying up to watch the ball drop was pretty hard. We are not used to staying up late and probably should have grabbed a coffee at Starbucks instead of another drink at the Leesville Tap Room. We laid in bed to watch the ball drop. A big mistake since we both fell asleep for a bit before the ball dropped. We both woke up when the ball was going down. Gave each other a kiss at midnight and then turned off the TV and fell asleep.

I love when Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper work together. No one makes Anderson Cooper more nervous and uncomfortable as Kathy Griffin. They had their own New Year’s Eve show on CNN. Here is a small clip from it.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/01/01/natpkg.ac.cooper.griffin.nye.cnn?iref=allsearch

No comments:

Post a Comment