Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chocolate Fudge...YUM

This is by far the best chocolate fudge recipe I ever made. It is so easy. I like my fudge with nuts but Tony does not so the picture does not show it with nuts. Two years ago we bought fudge from Fudge Boat in Carolina Beach. It did not even compare to this recipe and I was very dissappointed because the fudge was not cheap. Two months later when we went back to Carolina Beach I brought my own fudge as a snack. Use a good quality chocolate when making this such as Ghirardelli.




Chocolate Fudge

3 cups (18 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
Dash of salt
½ to 1 cup desired nuts
1 ½ ts vanilla extract

In heavy sauce pan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and salt – stirring frequently. Remove from head, stir in vanilla then nuts. Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8 or 9 inch square pan. Chill 2 hours until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off paper and cut into squares. Store left overs in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment