Saturday, January 8, 2011

My FAVORITE Diet Food is Back!!!!


Nearly two years ago my favorite diet food was discontinued. I love MorningStar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs. They have an amazing taste for not being meat and on the old Weight Watcher point system they were two points each. I was so mad when I found out they were discontinued that I wrote a letter to MorningStar begging them to bring these back. I only found one substitute from Trader Joes but they were not nearly as good and also higher points.

Today I was at Kroger and there they were. My heart skipped a beat. I grabbed three boxes and quickly threw them in my cart. I even called Tony to tell him what I found. Never have I been so excited about a food.

I made them for dinner tonight with french fries baked them in the oven. Tony does like the MorningStar brand. He always gave me crap for eating fake meat until he tried it. As I was putting the corn dogs on the plate I said out loud, "oooohhhh, how I've missed you." Tony laughed at me and for a brief moment thought his wife went crazy. They were just as good as I remembered and ate two of them in probably under two minutes. Now I have a stomach ache.

Just when I was about ready to type this blog post up I went to MorningStar's website to see if there was a press release or some other information about the return of the beloved corn dog. They do not even list the corn dog as a product! WTF? I ran to the box to check the expiration date. I was praying this was not something Kroger found in their back room. Date was OK. So again, I wrote MorningStar wonder what is up. Tomorrow I am going back to Kroger to buy out their stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment