Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Broken Treadmill

Yesterday our treadmill broke. We had it for five years and really got the most out of it since we only paid about $500 for it. Unfortunately for Tony he was on it when it happened. I was downstairs in the kitchen when I heard a loud thud, the grinding of belt, and the motor screeching. I ran upstairs to see if Tony was OK. All I could picture in my mind is the treadmill sent him flying and half of his body went through the wall. I got up there and luckily he was fine. I do not know how it happened but one side practically fell off and the belt went the other direction.

On the plus side treadmills are on sale this time of year and I bought one through HSN. Really not an expense we needed right now with my medical bills from my surgery but I also need the treadmill for my recovery. Tony and I do not live in a neighborhood that is made for walking. There are less than 40 homes in my neighborhood and not paths or crosswalks to other areas for walking. The road outside our house is pretty busy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment