Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Visitors, Traveling, and Everything Else

My brothers and sister-in-law are coming to visit in a few weeks. I am so excited to see them. It will be their first time visiting the area and am thrilled to show them around. We do not have any plans but I do want to take them to the Irish Pub downtown and to The Pit so they experience real Southern BBQ.

Tony and I are not going to WI this year to visit. It will be the first time we skip visiting a year since we moved. There are just too many other things we want to do right now with our vacation time. After my family leaves Tony and I are going to Charleston for the weekend. We also have plans to go to Savannah in May and then our Aruba trip in August. We still need to plan something for the fall. I wanted to go to St. Kitts but with the price of gas going up so are the plane tickets. Maybe that will be next year’s beach trip. Also want to take a weekend trip to DC sometime this year. I really want to see one of my friends in Baltimore which is just outside of DC. Tony and I have been talking about it for years and just never made it up there.

Our taxes were finished this week. Tony and I knew we would end up owing since I did not have taxes taken out of my unemployment. It was not as bad as what we thought but still puts a sting in the budget. We could have bought tickets to St. Kitts with what we owe [frown].

On a positive note I was able to change my hours at work. My manager and coworker work 8:30 – 5:30. I was able to change it to 8:00 – 4:30. I waited on asking since I could not justify coming in early when I was still learning my job. I also do not need an hour for lunch. I am only working the new hours when I do not go to karate. On the nights I go to karate it is 8:30 – 5:15. No point in going home before class since it is out of the way. Tony normally gets home between 4 and 4:30 each day. Since I started my new job Tony has had to wait for dinner until 6:30 or makes his own. Eating dinner at 6:30 is late for us since we get early and go to bed early. Being able to prepare dinner for my husband is something that is important to me. With my new hours I will be home at a decent time to make dinner for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment