Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Family Visits!

My brothers and sister-in-law arrived Sunday. They drove all the way from WI. I cooked a turkey dinner Sunday night – recipe and pictures to come soon. Saturday I took them to downtown Raleigh. We walked around the cities historic district, visited the science and history museum, and saw the state capital. We had lunch at The Pit so they could experience Southern BBQ. Tim tried ordering a burger but I convinced him to go outside of his comfort zone and try BBQ. He did like it.

Tuesday I took them hiking in Eno River State Park. We were gone for about 2 hours. During the hike it became clear to me my big doe is definitely fractured from that last injury at karate. On the hike they were able to see lizards, snakes (including a baby copperhead), beautiful water rapids, cranes, and they saw how out of shaper their sister really is. I thought I was going to pass out on that hike. Amazing what months of rest can do to a person. My knees held up though. After Eno River we went to the Duke Gardens and then to downtown Durham. Tony and I took them out to dinner at an Irish Pub in downtown Raleigh for dinner. They all said that was the best meal they ever had.

Wednesday I took them to two Civil War battlefields outside of Raleigh. It was over an hour drive but I knew they would enjoy it. I cooked pasta for dinner that night.

It was really nice to have my brothers and sister-in-law around. I wish they would consider moving here someday. I think the weather as a little warm for my brothers but we were having record high temps for March. Tony and I are off to Charleston for the weekend. I will get pictures from my family’s visit along with the Charleston trip up next week.

This morning I was terrified to get on the scale. One day I went over my weight watcher points by 5. To my surprise my weight was down. 134.6! The last two week I've been at a stand still so it was refreshing seeing my weight drop. Must have been that hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment