Friday, March 4, 2011

10 Things Your Spouse Won't Tell You

10 Things Your Spouse Won’t Tell You
By Catey Hill

http://www.smartmoney.com/spending/budgeting/10-things-your-spouse-wont-tell-you-1298308510316/

It is not often I come across great articles I feel like sharing on my blog and this week I found two.

This article identifies 10 things couples may not tell each other. I do not really care for the title because it implies husband or wife each of them is going to tell these 10 lies. That is not the case in this article. These are all possibilities. The details are in each article I suggest you read. Find out what I am guilty of.

1. I spend more on my mistress than I do on you: Not Guilty. Ouch! Must be nice to even have enough money to maintain two women. I would think with the fall of the economy men may have cut back on this expense.

2. I Have a Secret Bank Account: Not Guilty. This screams to me I am planning on leaving you. Definitely not a good idea.

3. I have an Office Spouse I adore:
Not Guilty. I do not have an office spouse and am pretty sure Tony never has either given his response to two coworkers he sees in that type of relationship. Your most interment details about your marriage are not made to be shared with the opposite sex. You are setting yourself up for an emotional affair if not a real one.

4. I am going to pretend I never bought that (or at least lie about what it cost): Guilty, Guilty, Lock Me up and Throw Away the Key Guilty. There are times Tony will look at me when I get home from work or when I am getting ready to go out and I can tell by the look on his face he is wondering if he has seen that outfit before. When he does ask how much something cost I usually deduct 30% of the actual price I paid for it. Why? I have no idea but feel he will be more accepting to my purchase if it costs less and I got a great deal on it. Oh, crap. Just gave away my secret; like he did not already know it.

5. I earn more than you think: Not Guilty. I really do not understand why anyone would lie about this. The article states people want to keep money to themselves. So why not open another bank account like in number two? Pretty much the same thing.

6. I am happier because I make more money than you…: Half guilty. When I had my contract job I really did enjoy all the money I made but I was not happy because I made more than Tony. I was happy because I was able to buy us things we normally would have to save for. We were able to buy Tony’s Harley, take fantastic vacations, mindless shopping, etc. It was great while it lasted.

7. …but I hate being the breadwinner: Guilty. As nice as it was making amazing money as a contractor, when I lost my job I felt like I let the family down. Even though we did not live outside our means when I was contracting it still is a shot in the gut. My weekly unemployment was what I made in a day contracting. It really must be nice for women out there to have the option of working but really…who can do that any more?

8. I married you for your money: No Guilty. Well I screwed this one up and married for love. But seriously…if you are rich and marry a broke woman shouldn’t you already know this?

9. I’d rather you cheat on me than lie about money: Not sure I agree with this one. Tony and I did have a small problem about four years ago when I got us into a few thousand on an interest free credit card. It was not money we blew just too many things happened at the same time. I tried so hard to fix it before he found out but eventually had to own up to my mistake. Tony was not mad because I came to him about it and we worked as a couple to fix it. Good news...never had to pay interest and I never did that again! Now for the other side to this - Cheat on me and I will claim a moment of insanity while I castrate you.

10. I blew our savings because the saleswoman was beautiful: See the ending to number 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment