Monday, February 7, 2011

Ending One Job and Starting Another

This past Friday was my last day at Square 1 Bank. The team I worked with took me out to lunch. I have to say I was surprised they took me out to lunch given I was only there for about 7 months. I will miss how funny many of the people on my team were. The job was just not the one for me.

Saturday morning I woke up to breakfast in bed. Tony made me egg whites, turkey bacon, and hash browns to celebrate my new job. He brought it in on a tray. It was so sweet. Huge brownie points for him. We watched The American with George Clooney. It was not good at all. It had some suspenseful moments but the movie really left us confused. I do not understand why it was even nominated for awards. Last weekend we saw The A-Team. It was good but jumped around a bit too much for me.

Today I started my job with the new bank. I work in a trading area where we keep track of the market. MSNBC is on two flat screen TVs. Our desk really are not desks but rather long tables and we each have our own section. I am not used to this type of environment but it will do. Behind me the wall is all windows that over looks Raleigh. I am on the 14th floor out of 21. Floors 23 - 33 are condos. Pretty neat area to sit in. I love being up this high for work. Now the hours are not what I wanted but it works for now. I normally like working early in the morning so I get done early and avoid traffic. I like working 7:30 to 4:00 and now am working 8:30 to 5:30. Hopefully once I am comfortable in my position the hours can be adjusted. My job is in the treasury area managing the capital of the bank. This function of the bank is very new to me which I am fortunate enough to have a manager that understands and will teach me. In my last job I frequently heard from my manager "there is too much of a learning curve for you." She took all that confidence I built over the years and crushed it. I know this job will give it back to me. The work environment reminds me a lot of job I had contracting with the largest bank. I love it!

I have not had a Tastefully Simple Party since the beginning of December and no leads even after I offered a $50 gift card to Target for the first person to book a party. No takers. If I do not get a show next quarter I am going to have to close the chapter on Tastefully Simple. I have enough sales for this quarter but if there are no shows next quarter that is it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment