Thursday, February 3, 2011

6 Mistakes Men Make on Valentine’s Day – From Shine

I just finished reading the 6 Mistakes Men Make on Valentine’s Day from Shine via yahoo. http://shine.yahoo.com/event/valentinesday/6-mistakes-men-make-on-valentines-day-2446085/. Some of the crap in here has to be the worst advice ever…at least when it comes to me.

Mistake 1 – Getting your card from the store. The article says 75 percent of women want a heart-felt love letter over a store bought card. I do not agree with this one bit. I want my man to have balls and not have to pick them back up off the floor after he wrote some sappy love letter that will make me want to vomit. Just get me a funny card.

Mistake 2 – Letting a Bear do Your Bidding. The article states not to buy women a teddy bear, flowers, chocolates, or anything else stamped with Valentine’s Day. So this I agree with a little bit. Tony bought me a stuffed dog a year or two ago. I actually think it is pretty cute because it looks like Jack but I do not need a stuffed toy every year. As for flowers, they are nice to get once a year or so but I am not a rose person. I also do not like the thought of spending over $50 on flowers when in a month he can cut them out of the back yard. Flowers are a nice to have but if I do get them just one rose is enough. As for chocolates…my fat ass does not need them this time of year. I will make some Hungry Girl cupcakes for us.

Mistake 3 – Declaring Valentines’ Day a ploy for Consumers. I do agree with this mistake. No matter how many years a couple has been together they should celebrate Valentine’s Day. How extravagant you go is completely up to the couple. Tony and I do not usually go out to dinner on Valentine’s Day because the prices are outrageous and the food is shit. We prefer a quiet night together and possibly a romantic movie. There will be plenty on TV so no need to even plan ahead with Netflix.

Mistake 4 – Sharing the day with your Blackberry. We do not have blackberries so not an issue for us. This mistake is men texting love message or writing an email. The fix is to make your own card and if you are not a wordy person make a mixed CD…again makes me vomit. Buy the funny card and it is OK to facebook me Happy Valentine’s Day.

Mistake 5 – Expecting Her to Make Plans. 30 percent of women expect men to map out the entire evening. The article suggests men should make plans but I feel differently. If you have a needy bitch like this toss her out. Make plans together is the best route to go. That way you both can set the expectations and no one is left disappointed.

Mistake 6 – Under Dressing. The article says men should not wear jeans. In my opinion if Tony and I were going out to a nice dinner I would expect some nice pants or a nice pair of jeans but being at home jeans are fine. Heck we can eat dinner in our PJ’s if he really wants. And no honey, I am not talking about naughty PJ’s. Flannel will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment