Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Crazy Life

Our friends from WI, Joe and Kelly were visiting us last Wednesday though Monday. It is so nice to have friends from up north come and visit. Unfortunately I was not able to take any time off of work. My boss is a slave driver and all I do is update spreadsheets and send out follow up emails…boring. But that is a whole other story in itself.

I like when company visits because it give me an opportunity to cook nice meals. Although by Saturday I had enough of cooking. I was exhausted. Tony and I had a party Friday night and invited some of our closest friends over for a couple’s night. I tried out some of my new Tastefully Simple recipes. The crab rangoons were a huge hit.

Tomorrow Tony and I are going to start demoing our flooring. We ended up getting $5442 from insurance towards new flooring. Since Tony and I are doing the labor we have enough money to replace our existing hardwood with bamboo and also put it in our bedroom. I am so excited for my new flooring to be completed. It is going to be beautiful. I already bought the rugs for my bedroom. I saw them at Target last week and then over the weekend they went on sale. Score!

My builder is going to pay for the new tiles they need to install where the flooring cracked. I am glad they came through for us. My carpet was torn up on two walls in my bedroom as part of the washing machine leak for drying out the walls. While it was pulled up I found another crack in my flooring! Frustrating but glad it was caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment