Friday, October 15, 2010

NYC Day 4

Our last day in NYC we spent the morning doing some final walking around the city. We did not have to leave for the airport until 1 PM so we had plenty of time. We wanted to go up top on the Empire State Building but they charged $20 a person. I really did not want to pay that much to have the shit scared out of me. We walked down 5th Avenue again and of course there was another fricken parade going on. I really wanted to go into the NY Public Library but every time Tony and I stopped there it was closed.


Outside the NY Public Library

We never made it to lower Manhattan. If we visit NYC again I would like to stay on the lower side rather than Midtown. Times Square really is over rated and I love the beauty of the villages. With all the eating we did I did not put on a pound with all the walking we did. I really do not know how New Yorkers can be fat unless they take a cab or the subway everywhere they go. It was nice to do something different than our usual beach trips. Our next trip is coming up in January to Phoenix to visit Tony’s cousins. I can’t wait to see them.
Bryant Park
Statue outside the NY Public Library

No comments:

Post a Comment