Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NYC Day 1

We arrived at the hotel at about 9:45 AM on Friday. They let us check in early and we still had enough time for the free breakfast buffet. I had on my skinny jeans, a white button up, and tall boots for our first venture out into the city. Those tall boots did not last very long. For those of you that think New Yorkers really wear fancy high heels to walk around the city you are mistaken. I was mistaken. Maybe if they were my comfortable summer high heels I could have made it but not in boots. I quickly went to sneakers. Not very stylish but my feet were thanking me. About those smoking hot outfits I bought for NYC...didn't even wear them since they involved heels. Jeans and T-shirts were just fine on this trip. In just a short time we managed to walk to Times Square, Broadway, Radio City Music Hall, Late Show with David Letterman, and 5th Avenue. Times Square is overrated. We ate lunch at the brewery inside of the Empire State Building. I actually ordered a beer but a small one. The menu said it had a French toast taste to it so I could not resist and had to try it. I did not taste any French toast but managed to take it down. Probably the first beer I’ve ordered in nearly 6 years.



Tony's beer and my beer


Me outside of Radio City Music Hall


My boots that did not last very long

Now what is a trip to NYC without 5th Avenue shopping. I lost the weight I wanted to before we left. I felt great rocking my size four jeans and then it happens…models appear in the city. I felt like a short fat woman compared to them. Talk about a knock to my self esteem. Inside some of the stores there were skirts that maybe would have fit one of my thighs. When I was in NYC seven years ago I was 30 pounds lighter than what I was this go around.


Lion statue outside the NY Public Library

In the afternoon we did the Sex and the City Tour. I did this tour back in 2003. It was much better then. They changed a lot of the locations up and not to more interesting ones. What I liked most about the Sex and the City tour was going through SoHo, the Meat Packing District, and the West Village. I knew these were places I wanted to come back to later. The only thing that was the same from 2003 was the stop at the Pleasure Chest. Seeing O’Neil’s was pretty neat. That is where Aidan’s bar is on Sex and the City but they call it Scout. The tour lasted for 3.5 hours. About 3.4 hours too long for Tony but he was a good sport about it. For dinner that night we found an Irish pub near the Chrysler Building. One thing I hate about Midtown Manhattan is that it is very hard to find small restaurants off the side streets that are not very expensive and are not chains. I am sure Tony was getting really annoyed with me for all the walking I made him do to find a small restaurant off the path.



Tony outside of O'Neil's

No comments:

Post a Comment