Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NYC Day 2

Saturday Morning we both were a bit exhausted from all the walking we did. We took the metro down to Little Italy to eat a Lombardi’s Pizza for lunch. We arrive around 10:30 so we walked around some. I thought we were going in the direction of Little Italy but really we covered all of SoHo by the time Tony realized where I was trying to go. We headed back towards Little Italy and it still was a bit too early for lunch so we headed onto China Town. Which China Town is just about all of Little Italy now. Lombardi’s Pizza was AMAZING! I googled them before we went to NYC because I wanted to make sure we had the best pizza in the whole city. They had fresh mozzarella on top of the pizza. Tony had Italian sausage on his side and I just had cheese. Unfortunately they did not offer pineapple as a topping. That is the only thing I like on my pizza. Lombardi’s is the first registered pizzeria in the United States and was registered in 1905 and started in 1897.

Lombardi's Pizza

We took the metro back uptown so we could get ready for the Soprano’s tour. Before the tour we were able to meet Joseph Gannascoli who played Vito on the Soprano’s. We had our picture taken with him, bought his book that is being made into a movie, and Tony bought some cigars. And it only cost us 60 extra fricken dollars. Worth it though. Unfortunately the tour took us to New Jersey. Now I understand all the jokes about Governor Patterson making fun of New Jersey. What a shit hole coming from the New York side. The tour was supposed to be a 4 hour tour but it turned into 5 hours with the NY traffic. We stopped at a few of the places scenes were filmed at even the Bada Bing. Never in my life did I think I would be in a strip club. I do have to say there was a sigh of relief when we went into the club and the girls had tops on and they were not Tony’s type. They looked about 18 years old and there was nothing to them. The A-cups must be the show during the day. If they were curvy girls with big boobs and butt then I probably would have felt a little shelf conscious. I was expecting a scene from Show Girls with Demi Moore and saw anything but that. Not even 15 seconds after I left to go to the bathroom one of the strippers was trying to make conversation with Tony in hopes we would want a lap dance. I saw it happen even before I got into the bathroom. I looked over, laughed to myself, and thought “good luck with that.” I came back during mid conversation. I heard Tony say “my wife and I...” as he put his arm around me. The stripper looked away ignored a question I asked and was gone in seconds onto the next person.

Tony with the Tony Soprano double.
Inside the restaruant were the last scene of the series was filmed.
Me with Vito

For dinner Saturday night we ended up at a small Chinese restaurant near Times Square. Not the dark quiet restaurant I was hoping for but I was starving and it was way too late to venture very far for dinner. The food was mediocre. There is an amazing Asian restaurant where I live and this did not even compare.
Skyway Dinner where Chris was shot at on the Sopranos
Shot of Manhattan from New Jersey. Shithole!

No comments:

Post a Comment