Monday, September 20, 2010

Oops... I Slipped Up.

I am really trying to drop a few pounds since putting 9 back on from my diet. Three would be nice…five would be awesome. I managed to get one pound off. The one thing that is nice when I am a bit heavier is I have a great behind. That sports reporter in the news recently about being harassed…I am proud to say with a nice pair of jeans on my rear rates the same if not better. However, when I put on a nice fitting dress I have to put Spanx over my Spanx. Or at least buy a slip to hide the cellulite giggle that has taken over my rear. Now I finally understand the purpose of slips. They are more than just protecting from static electricity.

I slipped up and went shopping on Saturday. It had been nearly 4 weeks since I was out shopping…a record for me. I really wanted a new dress for NYC. I need to look fabulous on the Sex and the City tour. I had it in my mind to just buy one dress and ended up with two dresses, two pairs of shoes, belt, purse, and a sweater. Ok….I went a bit over board but I am going to look fabulous. I can also wear the items to work so it is not a complete waste of money. The purse I bought is not the most fashionable but it is going to be great for using in NYC. It is a purse that I can adjust to go across my body leaving my hands free to take pictures and so on. At least it is made by The Sak. One of the dresses I bought was only $13 and it is so cute! I can either wear it with my new fabulous pair of gladiator inspired shoes or tall boots depending on the weather in NYC. Since I bought new clothes for the trip I am not going to spend any money on clothes in NYC. The purpose was to buy clothes to look fabulous there and not buy clothes there to look fabulous in Raleigh. My new goal is to make it two months without shopping and if I have to shop it will only be for Christmas gifts. I do like to get a head start on buying presents so it fits in the budget better. Two months may be very difficult but I am confident I will be able to do it. With my husband reading my blog I give him permission to make me return anything new I buy if I slip up.

No comments:

Post a Comment