Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

It was nice to have a three day weekend without being on the run. Normally Tony and I always plan a mini vacation somewhere during these times but it was so relaxing to just stay home. Friday night Tony and I went to a neighbor’s house for a cul-du-sac party. It was pretty fun. I brought the Tastefully Simple crab cheese ball with and people loved it! I had a great time hanging out with my neighbors. I do not know most of them that well so it was nice get out of my comfort zone and hang out with other people.

Saturday I did my normal routine of cleaning the house and doing my grocery shopping. Tony did a lot of the house work that day so it gave me more time to do my shopping and take Jack to his yearly vet appointment. My friend Melissa brought her dog over to play with my dogs. We are still working out Jack’s aggression issues with other dogs and he did pretty well. Saturday night we went to Charlie Goodnight’s Comedy Club to see Tracy Morgan. He is a little fatter in real life than what you see on TV. This dude is just raunchy. He was funny but I am not sure if you can get more disgusting than him.

Sunday Tony and I worked on moving the patio block over to where the shed used to be. It is great to see the courtyard starting to come to life. We went for a Harley ride later in the day. I was having a fat moment when getting ready to ride. OK…I put on 9 of the 15 pounds I lost. I am not very happy with myself. I knew the weight I got down to was a little hard to manage but now I am just pissed none of the jeans I bought fit me. I need to drop at least 4 or 5 of those pounds which I know I can do if I try really hard. I just do not want to go back to tracking Weight Watcher points. Now that my knee is getting better with the cortisone shot I can start getting back on my treadmill and it should help me out with getting those pounds off. I can’t stand how all my weight gain goes directly to my thighs and butt. I want to look great when Tony and I go to NYC. I did make BBQ by using the Tangy Tennessee BBQ sauce from Tastefully Simple and it was so good. I used a lean piece of beef and then shredded it after it cooked for 7 hours in the slow cooker. This one is a huge hit. I need to buy more of the sauce.

Monday I met Melissa at a park to practice my katas for karate. She really helped me learn a kata I have been struggling with. She also wore me out. I wanted to take the dogs to the park for a hike but I came home and crashed. I was feeling out of shape when I was working out with her. I must be picking up some type of bug since my energy level was so low today and I was exhausted for no reason. I spent the rest of the day on the couch or in bed. Just wonderful for my goal of losing 5 pounds but at least I worked out earlier in the day. Since Tim’s wedding I have been really missing my brother Bill. Life just is not the same without him around. I am sure that sadness has been part of my weight gain and just not caring that much anymore about what I am eating or sometimes even my appearance lately. I will pick myself back up in a while.

Earlier last week Tony received an email from Tanya. She wants to make up with us and realizes now that Tony and I were only trying to look out for her when I spoke out about her drinking. I am still undecided about what to do. I have not responded to her email yet. It would have been easy to forgive her and move on if the argument was only about our disagreement on the subject. Since it became personal with attacks from her and her friend about my unemployment it is hard to move on. I don’t know how you forgive someone that made such harsh attacks. I know I was not the nicest either in our fight but I only stuck to the issue at hand. I do miss her friendship and there were times something happened when I just wanted to pick up the phone can call her. I just need more time to think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment