Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lesson on Why Men Always Need to Listen to Their Wives

Tony had a valuable lesson the other day on why he should always listen to his wife. Our dialog went something like this.

Tuesday Morning – Issue – Tony’s Harley is low on brake fluid

Laura: “Are you taking the bike today?”
Tony: “Yes, I take the back roads to work so I should be OK.”
Laura: “But you are low on brake fluid. You should take your truck.”
Tony: “I will be fine.”

4:30 PM – Tony calls Laura

Tony: “Did you go to Harley during your lunch and pick up brake fluid?”
Laura: “No I did not have time. Why?”
Tony: “I almost T-boned some lady that pulled out in front of me.”
Laura: “Are you OK?”
Tony: “Physically yes; emotionally no. I had to put the bike in the ditch.”
Laura: “Would you have been able to stop in time if you had all your brake fluid?”
Tony: “Probably.”
Laura: “I told you not to take the bike.”
Tony: “I’m going to Bikers Boulevard right now to buy brake fluid.”

5 PM – Tony gets home

Laura: “I am calling Aflac for a quote!”
Tony: “Don’t you have enough insurance out on me already?”
Laura: “Not for added protection above short term disability.”
Tony proceeds to put brake fluid in his bike.
Tony: “I almost kissed a deer last week too; I don’t think I told you that.”
Laura: “You almost hit a deer…on the “safe” country roads?”

Now I am thankful Tony was not injured and his bike is OK but had he listened to me that morning this would not have happened. Or the lady would have been t-boned by his big F150. We do not know why the lady pulled out into traffic and took up both lanes. There was no reason for it. All she did was say “I’m, sorry. I did not see you.” As Tony was calling her a f’ing bitch. He feels bad for that now but honestly how do you expect a biker to react after some lady almost took him out. The lady took off and someone that saw it happen helped Tony get the bike out of the ditch. Tony had is angels out there watching him and was very lucky. If something had happened to him I do not know what I would have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment