Monday, September 27, 2010

Bike Fest

Saturday I started writing down weight watcher points again. I failed at losing any weight the last three weeks by attempting to do it on my own. It is amazing how well Weight Watchers works for me. I already dropped 2 pounds. Now only one more to go for my happy weight. Three if I want to fit into my skinny jeans.



Friday and Saturday was Capital City Bike Fest. It is neat to see a lot of motorcycles in the center of the city. Tony and I went downtown Friday night and Saturday after his work party. Saturday was miserably hot for a bike fest filled with thousands of people. It was probably near 100 degrees, 20 degrees above our normal temperatures for the year. It was cute on Friday. Tony took the day off to enjoy bike fest. He called me before noon wondering what time I was going to get off of work and then around 3:30 came to see me at work. I could tell he really wanted to spend the day with me. We ate dinner at Mecca Diner in downtown Raleigh. I wanted to eat there for a few years but they are cash only. Finally I had cash on me. The diner has been in business for over 80 years. Original tile is still in the door way and on the floor. The booths are half the size compared to today’s booths. Certainly could not be overweight and eat there. It feels like you are stepping back into the 1940’s. Good food and neat experience.





Tony has been on a cigar kick. I hate it. Stinks and I am sure will cause health problems for him later even with it being a few a month.


I see the doctor on Wednesday for my knee follow up. I can tell the shot is wearing off. My knee is starting to hurt again. I hope one more shot will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment